- By using encryption we can secure confidential data when transferring data between the networks.
- The most important process is SQL Server security concepts is Encryption.
Encryption restricts hackers to access data by using following steps :
- Using symmetric keys.
- Using asymmetric keys.
- Using certificate.
Perform symmetric keys Encryption:
This method uses the same key to decrypt and encrypt the data.
Perform asymmetric keys Encryption:
Here are 2 keys in asymmetric encryption. The Public key encrypts the data when you sending to other network. And the private key decrypt the received data after it delivered.
Perform certificates Encryption:
- Certificates generated by Certification authorities to provide high security.
- To encrypt the data, The SQL service will use these certificates.
- Certificate encryption is used to identify devices, users and organizations.